[FOM] RE: FOM Digest, Vol 13, Issue 33

Matt Insall montez at fidnet.com
Thu Jan 29 20:31:34 EST 2004

Richard Singer:  ``I also wonder what might be said about Vadarajon's
lattice based work for
quantum mechanics.''

I looked up ``Varadarajon'' in MathSciNet and WEb of Science, and found no
matches.  Can you fill us in a bit on what this fellow has done with
lattices?

I once attended a meeting in which mathematical physicists presented papers
purporting to use lattices to study quantum mechanics.  The Hasse diagrams
they drew that they called lattices were not Hasse diagrams of lattices.
Thus I could not understand what they thought they had done ``with
lattices''.

Dr. Matt Insall
Associate Professor of Mathematics
University of Missouri - Rolla