[FOM] ontology

Carlos Gonçalves cgon1 at iscte.pt
Sun Jan 18 12:24:05 EST 2004

Hi Thomas,

Concerning isomorphism and identity. Consider the set of natural numbers
and denote it by N and consider the set of even numbers, denote it by E,
and the set of odd numbers, denote it by O.

Define  g = {(1,2),(3,4),(5,6)...}, then g is a bijection and it defines an
isomorphism between O and E, in what regards the relation <.

The relational structures for the sets E and O defined by the relation <
are isomorphic, however, the set E and O are different and ordered pairs
that are in each of the relations are not the same, therefore, we have that
these two structural relations are different particulars, hence, not identical.

Best Regards,

C. Pedro