[FOM] Tarski and progress in decidability

Timothy Bays timothy.bays.5 at nd.edu
Wed Jan 14 16:51:28 EST 2004

I think there must be a typo in problem 1 here.  Suppose we work in a
language which contains only one non-logical constant: a.  Let S
contains the sentence Ax x=a.  Let T=S.  Then S and T are compatible, S
is axiomitizable, and T is decidable.

Is it perhaps the *finitely* axiomitizable that we're supposed to drop?
  Or have I missed the context of the problem somehow?

Best -- Tim