[FOM] Re: Comment on Church's Thesis (Harvey Friedman)

Alexander M Lemberg sandylemberg at juno.com
Mon Jan 12 03:25:35 EST 2004

Is Church's Thesis not exactly such a specification? Is not the reason
people are saying that it is not a mathematical assertion that it is
rather a rendering of the intuitive notion of effectiveness into a
precise well defined mathematical concept?

At least, that has been my understanding  of Church's Thesis since I
first was introduced to it and the only understanding of it I have ever
heard of.

Sandy

On Sun, 11 Jan 2004 00:06:09 -0500 (EST) "Timothy Y. Chow"