[FOM] Some practical matters

Martin Davis martin at eipye.com
Tue Apr 13 19:43:20 EDT 2004

1. I'm leaving for Paris on this Thursday, April 15 and will be back on
April 27. There will be some gaps, but I generally expect to have good
Internet access starting on the 17th.

2. I want to remind FOMers that they have full access to the parameters of
their accounts from the site "http://www.cs.nyu.edu/mailman/listinfo/fom".
In particular you can change the email address under which you are listed,
and whether you receive individual postings or get them in a "batch"
(called "digest") once a day or so.

3. It will be helpful to me if your postings arrive with the same return
email address as that under which you are subscribed. When this is not the
case, the "mailman" software informs me that it is a posting from a
non-member. In such a case, unless I just recognize the sender as an
established member, I spend time and effort searching the subscriber
database to try to find a fit. If I don't succeed, I have to bounce the
message back to you.  See item 2 for how to update your email address.

Best wishes to all,
Martin