[FOM] Axiomatic Syntax

Torkel Franzen torkel at sm.luth.se
Wed Sep 3 11:31:30 EDT 2003

  I wrote:

   >I think your
   >various misgivings would become clearer if stated in terms that do
   >involve the business of self-reference.

  I was perhaps overly optimistic in thinking that it would be clear that
"do involve" above was a typo for "do not involve".

  I've been harping on this theme in several recent postings: there is
nothing special about self-reference, as opposed to reference in general,
or about the problems of expressing "real" self-reference as opposed
to the problem of expressing "real" reference in general.
---
Torkel Franzen