[FOM] Error in statement of AC

Michael Kremer kremer at midway.uchicago.edu
Wed Nov 5 15:57:10 EST 2003

What is given below is still not a correct version of global choice.  It is
provably not the case that there is a class whose intersection with every
non-empty set is a singleton.

Suppose that A were such a class;  then the intersection of A and {0} would
be {0};  the intersection of A and {1} would be {1};   consequently both 0
and 1 would be in A;  consequently the intersection of A and {0,1} is
{0,1};  by assumption this is a singleton, so 0=1.

--Michael Kremer