[FOM] Proof Theory, Computation and Complexity Summer School and Workshop

Alessio Guglielmi Alessio.Guglielmi at inf.tu-dresden.de
Mon May 12 13:56:11 EDT 2003

[Dear Prof Davis, you distributed already an earlier version of this
announcement, but there are important changes (deadline, money,
etc.). Thanks,   -Alessio Guglielmi]

                      Summer School and Workshop on
                 Proof Theory, Computation and Complexity
                     Technische Universitaet Dresden
                           June 23-July 4, 2003

             <http://www.ki.inf.tu-dresden.de/~guglielm/WPT2>

Call for Participation
----------------------

We plan the following courses and workshop for graduate students and
researchers.  Like for last year's events on `Proof Theory and
Computation' (Dresden) and `Proof, Computation, Complexity' (Tuebingen),
we aim at a meeting where people have plenty of time to exchange ideas.
The summer school consists of eight advanced courses; the workshop is
integral part of the school and takes place in the last two days.

We ask for a participation fee of 100 EUR. A limited number of grants
covering all expenses is available.  Registration is requested before
May 25, 2003; please send an email to PTEvent at Janeway.Inf.TU-Dresden.DE,
making sure you include a very brief bio (5-10 lines) stating your
experience, interests, home page, etc.  We will select applicants in
case of excessive demand.  We will provide assistance in finding an
accommodation in Dresden.

Week 1, June 23-27: courses on

    Denotational Semantics of Lambda Calculi
    Achim Jung (Birmingham, UK)

    Semantics and Cut-elimination for Church's (Intuitionistic) Theory of
    Types, with Applications to Higher-order Logic Programming
    Jim Lipton (Wesleyan, USA)

    Five Lectures on Proof-Analysis
    Sara Negri (University of Helsinki and Academy of Finland)

    Mass Problems
    Stephen Simpson (Penn State, USA)

Week 2
June 30-July 2: courses on

    Dependent Type Theories
    Peter Aczel (Manchester, UK)

    Term-rewriting and Termination in Proof Theory
    Roy Dyckhoff (St Andrews, Scotland)

    Proof Theory with Deep Inference
    Alessio Guglielmi (Dresden, Germany)

    Natural Deduction: Some Recent Developments
    Jan von Plato (Helsinki, Finland)

July 3-4: workshop

    Please consult the workshop web page:
    <http://www1.informatik.unibw-muenchen.de/Birgit/pcc03.html>.

Venue
-----

Dresden, on the river Elbe, is one of the most important art cities of
Germany.  You can find world-class museums and wonderful architecture
and surroundings.  We will organize trips and social events.

Organization