[FOM] 182:Ideas in Proof Checking 1

Roger Bishop Jones rbj at rbjones.com
Sun Jun 29 15:49:36 EDT 2003

On Sunday 22 June 2003  8:46 pm, Michael Thayer wrote:

> There was a project a few years ago called QED, that had a
> mailing list.  I recall that David Mumford was on the list,
> and several people on FOM as well (Roger Bishop Jones, Randall
> Holmes, among others).    Does anyone here know what ever
> happened to the QED project, I know there were meetings here
> in the US, but it seems to have dropped from view.  The
> project web site http://www-unix.mcs.anl.gov/qed/  seems to be
> dead as of 1996 or so.

This may unwittingly mislead readers.

The QED web site is still live, and I would have thought worth
a visit by anyone interested in starting related projects.
(possibly an object lesson in how not to organise a project!)

True enough the project seems now to be moribund, but
I think the mailing list is operational, and might be
a better place to discuss new initiatives in this direction
than FOM.

Roger Jones