[FOM]Elementary Set Theory with a Universal Set by M.R. Holmes

steve newberry stevnewb at ix.netcom.com
Wed Jul 2 14:17:25 EDT 2003

Allen,

I think you ought to have a look at "Elementary Set Theory with  a
Universal Set"
by M.Randall Holmes, Cahiers du Centre de Logique 10, published and sold by
Universite catholique de Louvain, Department de Philosophie, Place Mercier 14,
B-1348, Louvain-la-Neuve (Belgique)

ISBN 2-87209-488-1

I believe that Holmes can be reached at Boise State University, Boise, Idaho.

It is a presentation of the R.B. Jensen modification of Quine's NEW
FOUNDATIONS,
and is a very nice job.  Jensen added UR-elements, and fixed the problem
that NF
had with Axiom of Choice.  The set theory is called NFU, and if I were
interested
in doing set theory, this is the way I would go.

Cordially,

Steve