[FOM] FROM THE FOM MODERATOR: getting your email address right

Martin Davis martin at eipye.com
Tue Feb 11 18:29:26 EST 2003

As you know, only subscribers are permitted to post messages on FOM. The
current version of the Mailman software we are using does a strict check on
proposed postings against the membership list. If the email address shown
in the message is not on the list, the software presents the message to me
as coming from a non-member. Unless I recognize the address (not very
likely) I have to reject the message.

Please be sure that the email address shown on your postings is the same as
the one under which you are subscribed. If you need to change your email
address, please follow the procedure shown below:

the "Subscribing to FOM" section. Click on the "send an email to the
moderator" link and use it to send an email message explaining that you are
a subscriber changing your address. Then subscribe under your new address
by filling in the form on the site and clicking on the "Subscribe" button.
Finally scroll down to the "FOM Subscribers" section and follow the
instructions there to unsubscribe your old address.

Thank you,
Martin

                           Martin Davis
                    Visiting Scholar UC Berkeley