FOM: Re: Arbitrary Objects

G. Aldo Antonelli aldo at uci.edu
Mon Jan 28 10:22:20 EST 2002

On Sun, 27 Jan 2002, charles silver wrote:

>     As I have received a number of replies sent to me personally about
> questions I raised pertaining to arbitrary objects, I think I should try to
> clarify a few things.   First, forget about proving A is a subset of B.
> Just imagine a proof that everything has F ...

This discussion reminds me of the following vindication of anarchy:

THEOREM: Every government is unjust.

PROOF: Let G be an arbitrary government. Since G is arbitrary, it
is certainly unjust. Hence, by universal generalization, every
government is unjust. QED

Cheers,

-- A.

G. Aldo Antonelli
Dept. of Logic & Philosophy of Science
University of California, Irvine
949 824 6523 (voice), 949 824 8388 (fax)
aldo at uci.edu
http://kleene.ss.uci.edu