FOM: Opinion poll on P vs NP
William Ian Gasarch
gasarch at cs.umd.edu
Mon Feb 4 13:19:00 EST 2002
TAKING OPINION POLL ON P VS NP
I am preparing a Column for SIGACT news that will consist
of the OPINIONS on the status of P vs NP from
a variety of people.
Hence I would like you to email
pnp at cs.umd.edu
answers to the following questions:
1) When do you think P vs NP will be solved?
(e.g., ``by the year...'')
2) What do you think the resolution will be?
3) What techniques do you think will be used?
4) Anything else you want to add?
5) May I quote you in my column or do you wish to remain
anonymous? I am thinking that part of the article will
be a list of people and what they said. Another part will
be an informal poll like `4 our of 5 respondents think
that P vs NP will be solved by XXX'
More information about the FOM