FOM: Alice, Carol and Leibniz

Kanovei kanovei at wmwap1.math.uni-wuppertal.de
Mon Apr 15 12:52:51 EDT 2002

> From: "Dean Buckner" <Dean.Buckner at btopenworld.com>
> Date: Sat, 13 Apr 2002 16:42:04 +0100

> how do we know that two objects are not the same, if they are
> said identical in every conceivable way?

Can you give any clear example of
*two objects ... not the same [but] identical in every conceivable way*
Or you only mean here nonexistent entities like Alice which
you grant properties favorable for your theories?

Examples like two electrons orbiting an atom of He
are not convincing because while you don't look at the
atom the fact that there is 2 orbiting electrons is nothing
but a mathematical abstraction, what exists in reality is
a certain field of some kind,
anyway YOU DON'T KNOW is there still two or already 5 of them,
but as soon as you deside to look at the atom in some microscop
then the electrons become immediately distinguishable at this
very moment because
one of them is in the NW corner of the picture while the other
is in the SE corner.

V.Kanovei