FOM: set theory meeting in Idaho

Stephen G Simpson simpson at
Wed Feb 21 08:32:38 EST 2001

 From: Tomek Bartoszynski <tomek at>
 To: best at
 Subject: BEST 10 (second announcement)
 Date: Tue, 20 Feb 2001 16:35:28 -0700 (MST)

	       Friday, March 23 - Sunday, March 25, 2001

 We are pleased to announce our tenth  BEST conference.

 Invited speakers:

 James Cummings (Carnegie-Mellon University)
 Carlos DiPrisco (IVIC, Venezuela)
 Joel Hamkins (CUNY/Staten Island and Carnegie-Mellon University)
 Simon Thomas (Rutgers University)

 Participants (so far):

 Paul Bankston  (Marquette University)
 Tomek Bartoszynski (Boise State University)
 Andreas Blass (University of Michigan, Ann Arbor)
 Chris Ciesielski (West Virginia University)
 Paul Corazza (Boise State University)
 Olivier Esser (ULB Brussels)
 Ryszard Frankiewicz (Polish Academy of Sciences, Warsaw)
 Randall Holmes (Boise State University)
 Masaru Kada  (Kitami University)
 Shizuo Kamo (Osaka Prefecture University)
 Justin Moore (University of East Anglia and Boise State University)
 Janusz Pawlikowski (West Virginia University)
 Krzysztof Plotka (West Virginia University)

 The talks will be held on Friday, Saturday and on Sunday in the
 Department of Mathematics at Boise State University.
 BEST social events are planned as well.

 The conference webpage at
 contains the most current information including lodging, abstract
 submission, maps, schedule, etc.
 Anyone interested in giving a talk and/or participating
 should contact one of the organizers as soon as possible.

 Limited financial support is available, in particular for graduate
 students. In order to apply, e-mail one of the organizers and we will
 send you the required paperwork.

 Tomek Bartoszynski: tomek at
 Paul Corazza:  corazza at
 Justin Moore:  justin at

 You can also reach all three of us by writing to

		best at

 The conference is  supported by a grant from the National
 Science Foundation, whose assistance is gratefully acknowledged.