FOM: Goedel: truth and misinterpretations

Matt Insall montez at rollanet.org
Wed Oct 25 23:54:09 EDT 2000

Professor Kanovei:
These sentences are obtained as follows.
There are two sets of sentences, say X \subseteq Y,
and we know that X is r.e. but Y is not r.e., hence, the
difference Y - X is infinite, and the "sentences" are just
those in the difference. There is no one concrete sentence
there, all we know is that they do exist in plentitude.

Matt:
I am afraid I do not understand how there can be many sentences
in Y-X, but not at least one sentence in Y-X.  (I do not know
what you mean by ``concrete''.)

Matt Insall