FOM: Regarding the Clay Prizes

John Sadowsky js at aplcomm.jhuapl.edu
Tue May 30 13:42:14 EDT 2000

Thank you, Joe Shipman, for the information and Web site regarding
the 7,  million dollar problems.  I believe that a careful reading of
the rules, however, shows that negative results (counterexamples) for
any of the conjectures might be eligible for the full prize money,
unless the original problem can be reformulated to remove special
cases including the counterexample, but to still stand as a strong
conjecture.  It is a bit ambiguous,though.
      I don't want to stop looking for zeroes of the Riemann zeta
function off the critical line, but will if there is no money in it.
           John

--
John Sadowsky, Ph.D.
email: john.sadowsky at jhuapl.edu
phone: Washington 240-228-6211     Baltimore 443-778-6211