FOM: fom hiatus; ASL 2000

Stephen G Simpson simpson at math.psu.edu
Fri Jun 2 09:50:41 EDT 2000

Dear FOM,

For the next 6 days, my access to e-mail will be sporadic.  Please
continue to send in your FOM postings, and I will deal with them as
soon as I am able.

I will be on travel to the ASL 2000 meeting in Urbana.  It should be
very interesting.  Here on FOM we have already had a preview of the
panel discussions: Logic in the 20th Century, Logic in the 21st
Century, Does Mathematics Need New Axioms.  After the meeting I will
probably post something on FOM, and I urge others to do the same.

Best wishes to all,
-- Steve Simpson
FOM moderator
http://www.math.psu.edu/simpson/fom/