FOM: administrative announcements

Stephen G Simpson simpson at math.psu.edu
Fri Feb 25 11:01:10 EST 2000

Dear FOM readers,

Here are two FOM administrative announcements.

1. I will be away from e-mail this weekend starting at noon today.
   During this FOM hiatus, please continue to send in your postings to
   <fom at math.psu.edu>, and I will deal with them as soon as I am able.

2. To avoid misunderstandings, I would like all of you to carefully
   distinguish my role as moderator of FOM from my role as an ordinary
   FOM participant.  This should not be difficult.  The distinction
   should always be clear from the subject line, signature, and tone
   of a given posting.  If I am speaking as moderator, my signature
   will say ``FOM moderator'', the subject will be ``FOM
   administrative announcement'' or similar, and the tone will be
   formal and dry.  If I am speaking in my role as ordinary FOM
   participant, I will sign as simply ``Steve'', and the tone will be
   rowdy.

Best wishes to all,

-- Steve Simpson
FOM moderator