FOM: Do We Need New Axioms? Upcoming Panel Discussion

Martin Davis martin at
Sat Feb 12 17:31:43 EST 2000

At 01:00 AM 2/12/00 -0500, JoeShipman at wrote:
>Maddy seems to emphasize axioms like V=L which may have no additional
>strength but settle CH as well as questions about projective sets and the
Maddy's interest in V=L has been along the lines of: how can we use
mathematical practice to refute it? She's never proposed it as an
appropriate new axiom.

                           Martin Davis
                    Visiting Scholar UC Berkeley
                      Professor Emeritus, NYU