FOM: INFORMAL MEETING OF SET THEORISTS IN BONN (fwd)

Benedikt Loewe loewe at math.uni-bonn.de
Fri Dec 15 20:47:16 EST 2000

 INFORMAL MEETING OF SET THEORISTS IN BONN

   We are pleased to announce that on January 18th and 19th, 2001 an small
international group of Set Theorists will come together in Bonn to give
some talks. These talks will be part of the "Oberseminar Mengenlehre" of
Department of Mathematics, the "Mathematisches Kolloquium" of the
Department of Mathematics and of the Colloquium of the Department of
Philosophy (LFB III).

   Any interested logicians are cordially invited to come to these talks.
The informal meeting will start with a coffee in room Be4Zi28 on Thursday,
January 18th at 2 pm. The Oberseminar talks will take place in Seminar
room A and B (Beringstrasse 4), the Math Colloquium will be in the
"Kleiner Hoersaal" (Wegelerstrasse 10).

   The speakers are Arthur Apter (New York NY), Matt Foreman (Irvine CA),
Ralf Schindler (Vienna) and Philip Welch (Bristol & Vienna). We might
schedule an additional talk on Friday morning if the need arises.

        Thursday, Jan 18           Friday, Jan 19

10-12       - - -                  Ralf Schindler
                                   (Oberseminar, SR A)
                                   "Core Models"

12-14       - - -                  L U N C H

14-16   Matt Foreman               Philip Welch
        (Oberseminar, SR B)        (Phil Colloquium)
        T B A                      T B A

16-18   Arthur Apter               Matt Foreman
        (Oberseminar, SR B)        (Math Colloquium)
        "Failures of GCH and the   T B A
         Level by Level
         Equivalence between       [The Colloquium starts
         Strong Compactness         with the Colloquium tea
         and Supercompactness"      at 16:30.]

18-20   Philip Welch               C O L L O Q U I U M
        (Oberseminar, SR B)        D I N N E R
        "On a problem of Tall and
         Kunen on possible
         substructures of the