FOM: Announcement, MWMT'99

Stephen G Simpson simpson at math.psu.edu
Sun Sep 12 14:27:57 EDT 1999

 From: Chris Miller <miller at math.ohio-state.edu>
 To: simpson at math.psu.edu
 Subject: MWMT posting?
 Date: Sun, 12 Sep 1999 14:24:26 -0400

 Steve,

 At your discretion as moderator, please post the below on fom (which you
 will also receive from logic at math.uiuc.edu, if I'm not mistaken. Thanks.

 Chris

 ***

 ANNOUNCEMENT, MWMT'99  (9/12/99)

 The 1999 Midwest Model Theory Meeting will be held on the weekend of
 Nov. 6--7, 1999 at the Department of Mathematics, The Ohio State
 University, Columbus.

 Speakers so far (more to be added) include:
 Michael Benedikt (AT&T Bell Labs, Naperville);
 Lou van den Dries, UIUC;
 Rami Grosberg, CMU;
 Gerardo Lafferriere (Portand State U, OR);
 Eric Rosen (UIC);
 and
 Patrick Speissegger (UW Madison, presently at U Toronto).

 A block of rooms is being held at the Holiday Inn, 328 W. Lane Avenue,
 Columbus  (10-15 minutes walk to the Math. Dept.) for the nights of
 Friday 11/5 and Saturday 11/6. The rate is a flat $79.00 per night, per
 room. The deadline for making reservations at these rates is 10/5/99.
 Reserve by phoning 614-294-4848 (fax 614-294-5366). Mention the Midwest
 Model Theory Meeting and OSU Math Dept. Or, email me the relevant data
 (including smoking or non-smoking) and I'll make reservations for you.
 (Reservations for invited speakers, as well as for supported graduate
 students, will be taken care of on this end.)

 Maps, driving directions, and other visitor information is available
 online at http://www.osu.edu/visitors/

 For further information, contact me, Chris Miller, at
 miller at math.ohio-state.edu.

 Further announcements will be forthcoming.