FOM: cylindric algebraic decompositions of R^n

Jon Barwise barwise at
Tue Mar 30 09:59:51 EST 1999

In connection with some current research, a student colleague and I have
come to realize that what we are doing seems to be intimately linked with
so-called cylindric algebraic decomposition, a topic having to do with more
efficient quantifier elimination methods for real closed fields.  So far we
have only found incremental research papers on the topic and have found no
good reference to the general method. If any reader of this message knows
of a good introduction to the topic, please let me know.  Thanks,  Jon

Jon Barwise
COAS Professor of Computer Science,
Philosophy, and Mathematics, Indiana University

Mathematics Department
Rawles Hall
831 E. Third Street
Bloomington, IN 47405-7106