FOM: second order logic not a myth and related issues

Pat Hayes phayes at
Fri Mar 26 18:26:26 EST 1999

>Simpson says (in dialogue with Hayes?)
> > He has an agenda: to defend the integrity of mathematics against
> > the dark forces of postmoderism, especially those infidels who
> > misuse G"odel's name.
>There is some truth to that.  I am very passionate about foundations
>of mathematics.  So is Harvey, and that's why he and I started the FOM
>list.  And yes, I do see f.o.m. as part of a struggle against what one
>might call forces of darkness (not only postmodernists).
>Holmes comments:
>Oddly enough, I have similar passionate interests, and similar
>concerns about some of the same dark forces :-)

Just for the record, so do I.

Pat Hayes

IHMC, University of West Florida		(850)434 8903   home
11000 University Parkway			(850)474 2091   office
Pensacola,  FL 32514			(850)474 3023   fax
phayes at