FOM: software problems

Stephen G Simpson simpson at math.psu.edu
Fri Mar 12 13:00:10 EST 1999

Dear FOM subscribers,

Pardon me if you receive several copies of this message.

Since approximately March 4, FOM's automatic mailing list software has
been experiencing difficulties.  Some FOM postings may not have been
archived properly and may not have been forwarded to all subscribers,
especially fom-digest subscribers.  Also, there have been problems
with subscriptions and unsubscriptions.

I am working with our computer system administrators to fix the
problems.  At this moment I believe we have correctly restored the
monthly archives as well as the individual posting archives at the FOM
web page, <http://www.math.psu.edu/simpson/fom/>.  However, the
fom-digest archives may be out of date, and there may be other
anomalies.  I will report again later.

Please bear with us.  As always, if you need any help with FOM
administrative matters, please send me e-mail at
<simpson at math.psu.edu>.

Sincerely,
-- Steve Simpson
FOM moderator