FOM: Jurassic pebbles

palma, adriano p adriano.palma at usa.net
Wed Mar 18 02:58:31 EST 1998

hint accepted, answer

nobody. you make a confusion between following a law (in the sense in
which one obeys a prescpritive imperative)
and a descriptive one.
a hammer that falls because of gravity is obeying nothing, it falls.
wehther I, the saber tooth tigers, Feferman or hersh chek on this has
nothing to do with its falling.
if the planets were indeed moving according to the descriptive keplerian
laws, they were, period.
if they were not, we would have to think about physical laws changing
over time.
(from what I understand of physics --not enough-- this is not
incoherent, in fact some believe that in times very close to the
beginning of the unievrse tehre were singularities in which all laws as
we know them NOW would not hold)

cheers

adriano palma

--