FOM: Friedman's independence results, an epochal f.o.m. advance

palma, adriano p adriano.palma at usa.net
Sun Mar 15 08:47:04 EST 1998

I suggest without any sarcasm that all members of F.O.M. refrain from
purely polemical snipes.
It is my belief that we all learned something from all contributions to
the list whether we do in point  of fact agree with their content or
not.

If we all go to a purely polemical style of work when writing
contributions posted to all members, the entire level of the list
delines dramatically.

I surmise that *that* would be a wrong idea for the list itself.
F.O.M. has presented much by way of clairifcations and even
oncontrovesial views there have been some materaials worthwile.

I propose to keep dissent and disagreement more strictly on
mathemcatical, logical, foundational, and philosophical issues.

With my best wishes to all of you.

adriano palma

--
INSTITUTE OF PHILOSOPHY