FOM: Reverse Mathematics and Capitalism

Stephen G Simpson simpson at
Mon Mar 2 21:11:35 EST 1998

Moshe' Machover writes:
 > Is it politic on your part to inject your political views into FOM
 > exchanges?

Sorry, I didn't intend to inject my political views.  I needed an
analogy to illustrate my point, and that particular one came
immediately to mind and seemed very apt.  If that one doesn't resonate
with your own politics, please replace it by another that you find
more agreeable.  Perhaps you would prefer to view Macintyre as some
sort of royalist?

(Even in my math lectures for undergraduates, I sometimes illustrate
my points with social and political analogies, because I tend to feel
that they are more striking and memorable than others.)

-- Steve