FOM: hostility toward f.o.m.

tempodaperder palma at cidoc.iuav.unive.it
Mon Jul 27 03:44:37 EDT 1998

in my humble opinion, there is a problem and it gets worse by
overgeneralization.
some logicians had the view that logic itself provides a foundation in an
epistemological sense (how can we make sure that analysis is rigorous and
not faulty? how can we be ceratin that no contradictions come up within a
formal system?)
that view seems to entail that logicians can play the role of watchmen,
overvewers of mathematicians, practising mathematicians.
it seems to me that now logic itself is a mathematical discipline and its
results are on teh same footign as others.
adriano palma

ap palma
crea, ecole polytechnique
1 rue descartes