FOM: Re: About my earlier query re: your papers [Franzen]

Solomon Feferman sf at Csli.Stanford.EDU
Thu Nov 13 13:05:04 EST 1997

This, from my local expert.
--Sol Feferman

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Thu, 13 Nov 1997 10:00:02 -0800
From: Willene Perez <perez at gauss.Stanford.EDU>
To: Solomon Feferman <sf at Csli.Stanford.EDU>
Subject: Re: About my earlier query re: your papers (fwd)

>I took a look at the files and found that they're not in fact
>gzipped at all, but are postscript files. So there is no problem
>with handling them. I suggest, though, that you change the names
>of the files to *.ps rather than *.ps.gz.

He's wrong, they *are* .gz files.  I don't just add that extension to them,
it gets added automatically when I zip them.  His Netscape is obviously
configured to gunzip any .gz files it downloads so he doesn't even realize
they were zipped in the first place!  Not all browsers do this, so some
people will have to download the files and then gunzip them manually.

Willene