FOM: "Contingent" Truths of Arithmetic?

Charles Silver csilver at sophia.smith.edu
Tue Dec 23 11:07:23 EST 1997

	I thought someone said on this list that Harvey had expressed the
view somewhere in print that perhaps not all truths of arithmetic are
essential ones.  First, I apologize in advance if I've misstated the
position. I have not been able to find the statement to verify that this
is actually what was claimed. But, I'm interested in hearing more about
the view itself (if indeed this is the correct one).  Where did Harvey say
this?  And, Harvey, could you please say a few words about this view?

	Thanks.

Charlie Silver