FOM: my papers and email addresses

Adrian Mathias Barcelona mathias at mfo.de
Wed Dec 10 10:08:54 EST 1997

My essay "The Ignorance of Bourbaki" is available electronically from

http://www.dpmms.cam.ac.uk/~ardm

in either .dvi or .ps form; the file is called bourcomp.

Other essays available from that site are

terrglob     ("Logic and Terror",
a description of the situation of logic in Russia under Stalin)

planet  ("Strong statements of analysis", about the
relevance of large cardinal properties to analysis)

slim97  ("Slim Models of Zermelo Set Theory", on the inability of
Zermelo's system to control the existence or otherwise of recursively
defined objects)

macla97  ("Notes on Mac Lane set theory"; a discussion of
many aspects of Mac Lane's weak set theory)

A. R. D. Mathias

["normally" this year I am in Bogota, accessible as

amathias at rasputin.uniandes.edu.co

Other email addresses for me are

arm996 at aber.ac.uk

ardm at dpmms.cam.ac.uk