[coral-users] 61% of this week's Coral traffic was in the past 24 hours?

Michael J. Freedman mfreed at cs.nyu.edu
Sun Sep 12 11:20:41 EDT 2004

Hi T.L,

That URL you sent redirected into Amazon?  Strange...

Re: traffic.  I think that's called rapidly increasing system use (and
people downloading 100s MB files).  (And actually, the measurement is on
the low-side, as we're having some problems with logging on some nodes, so
that number is going to be under-representing our actual system use.)

We're probably going to be unable to make any real statements regarding
Coral traffic levels or trends for at least another couple weeks.  If
that.

Re: the slowness.  The traffic changes we've seen have definately pointed
out some parts of the systems that may be bottlenecks.  We're going to be
continuing to try to improve performance, as well as consider techniques
to better handle huge files.  Our apologies in advance for any (hopefully
short-term) decreased performance.

Thanks,
--mike