V22.0002 Software Page, Professor Sana Odeh, Spring 2010, Sections # 3
Software (This will be discussed during first week of class)
- Download: We will use Python 3.1 (the latest version) and IDlE from this page: http://python.org/download/.
- Python software is free and available for different operating systems such as windows and macs.
- Please note that IDLE is bundled with python software (no need for a separate installation).
- To use, write, edit and debug programs in python:
- After you install the python software, click on the IDEL application :
- From the file menu, choose "new window" and save program with programname.py extension
- To execute/run your program press F5 key and then you will be able to see the result.
- If you get syntax errors, then you have to go back and fix these errors(bugs) before you can see any result.
Python Useful Resources:
Safari Online at the Bobst - (free access to books online for NYU students)