Final Exam for section #1: 5/6 12:00-1:50 PM, room:109 in WWH
- There will be no make up exams and the final is mandatory.
- Do not make plans to leave the New York City area before or on these dates!
** Important announcements** please read**
- Please see final review (final review ) posted here (on the lecture's website).
- All homework must be submitted by May 4th (by 11:59PM). No exceptions will be made after this deadline.
- Good luck.
- Moving your website from i5:
- Please note that ITS disables your access to your i5 account one after this class is over!
- Be sure to backup your files from i5.nyu.edu often (download your public_html folder to your local computer)
- If you are graduating, you can use a free Webhosting company to host your website
Class Topics Lectures, Resources and Examples In-class Topic: Add favicon (favicon.ico) to add to your website
- See instructions here to create your favicon.ico in photoshop and add to your site
- Use this website to customize and create your favicon (favicon.ico)
In-class Topic: Cookies, privacy
Introduction to DreamWeaver and Web Design
In-class Exercise: Try to browse your favorate website to get ideas for designing your own website.
Concepts in Website Design examples
Creating Style (Externall CSS and inline ) using DreamWeaver
* Download Trial version of Dreamweaver (for 30 days):
- Download DreaWeaver (trial /free version for Windows and MAC)
Index on Dreamweaver **tutorials** exploring *Imporatant topics* such as:
- Creating goals for your site
- Organizing the site structure
- Creating your design look
- Designing the navigation scheme
- Planning and gathering your assets
In-class Topic: DreamWeaver, Layout Design using Tables and Frames.
In-class Topic: Add sound and video, Meta tags, original animation, rollovers (navigation buttons), named anchor tags and a counter
- Optional topics: Create a web photo album
- add a counter to your page
In-class Topic: In Design
Link to assignment # 6
* Download Trial version of InDesign (for 30 days):
* In Design Beginner's Tutorials:
In-class Topic: Excel
Link to assignment # 5
In-class Topic: Creating Gif animation for the web using Photoshop and ImageReady.
In-class Exercise: Try to create an animation for Assignment # 4 similar to the Godzilla example:
1) Complete Scene Godzilla: example
Review Concepts for the midterm1) General Midterm review topics (what to focus on for the midterm)
2) HTML: HTML review lecture
3) Photoshop: Photoshop review Lecture
4) Internet and the web: Internet and web review Lecture
Class Topic: How to include Sound and Video files on the web
Learn to include Sound and video on your website
Class Topic: Using External and Inline Cascading Styles Sheet (CSS) to design documents for the web
CSS Simple Examples:
Inline styles: Using styles within the header of the HTML page
2) External styles:
Please note that you need to include a link tag in the header of an HTML document when using an external CSS file:
<link rel="stylesheet" href="style.css" type="text/css">
4) Style Sheet (CSS) tutorials:
Class Topic: Images for the web; Learn to use Photoshop to create/edit images for the web.
Download Photoshop as a free tryout for 30 days for the MAC and Window for your computer).
Please note that the tryout product will work for only 30 days and you need to register by choosing and id and a password)
Tutorials for photoshop:Free Graphics: You can go to the following online resources to get free images:
Class Topics: Introduction to HTML.
Learn to create and edit HTML documents for the web.
HTML Resources and Tutorials:
- Introduction to HTML
- HTML Cheat Sheet
- HTML color: http://www.webmonkey.com/webmonkey/reference/color_codes/
- Introduction to HTML: http://www.htmlcodetutorial.com/
- HTML Special Characters: http://www.webmonkey.com/webmonkey/reference/special_characters/
- Writing HTML (available in several foreign languages) || Unicode charts to author HTML in foreign languages
- HTML 5 (new version of HTML-- not required to use in this class) : http://www.alistapart.com/articles/previewofhtml5
Class Topic: Working With Unix Operating System (Basic UNIX Commands)
Discuss assignment #2
How Operating Systems work: http://www.howstuffworks.com/operating-system.htm
Working with Text and images