Conduct a simple Usability evaluation. Brian will be going over the methodology
- Before evaluation:
- Each team member will perform an expert heuristic evaluation
- Find two people (friends, classmates, etc.) that you can show your completed application
to and seek feedback about the design of the interface.
- Come up with two sample tasks for the subjects to perform using your application.
- Design a small questionnaire of three Likert style questions and one open ended
question targeted at your application.
- During evaluation:
- Hand each subject a written instruction sheet and task description and allow
to perform the sample tasks.
- Using verbal protocol (ask subjects to "think aloud"), record their experiences
and any notes
about usability problems you see during the tasks.
- Have each subject complete the short questionnaire.
- After evaluation:
- Produce a usability report containing:
- The expert heuristic evaluations.
- Summary of the usability session and comments.
- Results of the questionnaire
- Comparison of the usability evaluation results to your own heuristic evaluations
- Discussion about what was learned from the analysis and what you would do to
improve the design in the next iteration of your application.
- Rough sketch of new interface incorporating design changes discovered during usability study