- Section 1: Tuesdays & Thursdays, 8:00 AM - 9:15 AM in CIWW Room 102
- Section 4: Tuesdays & Thursdays, 11:00 AM - 12:15 AM in CIWW Room 101Office phone: 998-3131 Rm. 526 WWHemail: firstname.lastname@example.org
NetBeans and Java
Sun's Java compiler version 1.4.2
There will be two midterm exams and one final exam. Your grade will be 20 percent for each midterm plus 40 percent for the final plus 20 percent for the homework.If you plan to continue with computer science courses, you *MUST* get a grade of C or better in this course. No exceptions will be made.
The homework assignments are required and will consist of programming assignments. Style counts (that includes using meaningful names and providing sufficient comments in the body of the programs). Assignments must be done on the computer.
- Ten points will be deducted for each class day late, with a possible maximum of 30 points being deducted out of 100 points for each assignment.
- Homeworks will not be accepted past the third class date after their assigned date without prior permission.
- Buy a few high-density disks: you should save all of your programs on a disk and back them up on another disk or store copies of the files on your "NYU Home account".
Introduction Chapter 1 Netbeans basics Chapter. 1 Java Primitive types and Operations Chapter. 2
if/else and switch
Loop Statemnts: while, do-while, for
Chapter 3.2 Methods Chapters 4.1, 5.1-5.4 Arrays Chapter 6 Applets Chapter 14.1