DOWNLOADING THE JDK BUNDLE
- Go to the javasoft URL:
- Go to : Download J2SE v1.4.0_01
and click the DOWNLOAD link under the SDK column for Windows (all languages,
including English). IGNORE EVERYTHING ELSE.
- Click the button at the page bottom to ACCEPT the licensing agreement.
- On the next page click theDownload J2SDK-1 4 0 01-
The system will automatically choose a directory for you for the
download, or you may choose your own.
- After some time the download is complete. Then after closing all
applications, go to the jdk directory or the one the program setup for you, and
click the jdk-1_4_0-win icon. Click the Wizard button at the upper
right of the Winzip window. This will automatically unzip the jdk bundle.
- Follow the wizard instructions, clicking next and yes when
appropriate; also choose the desired directory and hit save.
Finally click finish.
Aug 31 EDT 2001, revised July 14 2003