You already have a web page, whose root is the file index.html in the public_html subdirectory of your i5 account.
1) Using TextEdit, SimpleText, Notepad, Word Pad, or a text processor of your choice (but not DreamWeaver, PageMill, Netscape Collaborator Composer or another WYSIWYG HTML editor!), create three web pages which are linked to each other. The first page should be called assign3b.html and the pages are all about YOU!! (11/08/04 Note: Pages written in Word and then saved using FILE / SAVE AS WEB PAGE will not be accepted!)
2) Since you have a web page already, you should NOT destroy your index.html home page. Just put a link somewhere NEAR THE TOP (where we can see it easily!) which points to assignment 3b.
3) Here is some information about the content for this assignment:
- The first new page should include a picture of you that has been scanned in from a drawing or you may use a photograph taken on a digital camera.
- One of the pages should include a basic resume (listing work history, academic history and skills). It does not have to be "fancy" but should include the basic information that you would want people to see on your resume.
4) Here is a list of the elements you should include in these pages:
- Each page should have at least one picture. (The picture of you "counts" as a picture on the first page.)
- Each page should have at least two hyperlinks. On the first page you should add a link that goes back to your "index.html" file and also include a link to another site. On the second and third pages, you should include links back to the first new page (the one with your picture) and links to other sites.
- Each page should have at least one example of font tags, for example bold; italics; or text in a different color.
- You should include at least one numbered list and one bulleted list somewhere in these three pages.
- You should include at least one table on one of the pages.
- At least one of your images should link to another page or another site.
- A link to the PDF version of your newsletter (assignment #2) should be posted to the first page. Instructions are listed below.
Hint: Make certain that you test your pages locally using Netscape, Safari, or Internet Explorer. Also, it will be easier if all of your HTML and gif files are in the same folder, and you use all lower case letters for the filenames.
5) Finally, upload your files (both the images and the HTML files) using Fugu or winscp or another SFTP client to the i5 UNIX server. Your files should go in the directory (i.e., sub-folder) called "public_html" on the UNIX server. Test your files using Netscape, Safari or Internet Explorer again once they are on the web server.
Email the grading account for your section to tell us that your assignment is ready for grading. The subject of your message should be "Assignment 3b" and the body should include both your name and the HTML address/URL or your webppage in the form:
For your convenience, here are the email addresses for assignment submission for the various sections: