1. Using Microsoft Word X, write a few paragraphs detailing your computer background (if any), and why you are taking the course. You should also write a little bit about yourself, such as your name, netID, year (freshman, etc. ), major, minor (if declared), computer experience, your interests, your hobbies, etc. You should also include your contact information such as your preferred email address and a phone number so that I can reach you during the semester. Finally, please include information about what you want to learn in this course.
- For those of you who generally use a PC, we strongly suggest that you to do this part of the assignment on a Macintosh so that you start to become familiar with the Macintosh desktop and environment. Information on the Mac labs run by ITS can be found at http://www.nyu.edu/its/labs/ . Macs are available both at the Multimedia Lab at 35 West Fourth Street and at the Third North Lab.
- The purpose of this assignment is to get you on the computer, and to verify that you can start an application.
- You may format the document however you like.
- You should use the spell checker to make sure you avoid spelling mistakes!
2. Send your word document file via email to the grader account posted below (Your instructor will go over this in class):
You need to send this assignment by email as an attachment to your grader account posted below. In addition, you need to submit a printout to me in class.
Here are the email addresses for assignment submission for the various sections:
- firstname.lastname@example.org if your last name starts with A-J and you are in Deena Engel's class
- email@example.com if your last name starts with K-Z and you are in Deena Engel's class
- firstname.lastname@example.org Section 3: Sana' Odeh's class
- email@example.com Section 4: Nathan Hull's class
- firstname.lastname@example.org Section 5: Nathan Hull's class
Subscribing to the mailing list
If you are in Section 1, go to:
If you are in Section 2, go to:
If you are in Section 3, go to:
If you are in Section 4, go to:
If you are in Section 5, go to: